If you've ever bought a Darkroom Door stamp set, you'll know they come in a plastic blister pack. These blister packs are completely recyclable plastic, so they can be put into your recycling bin once you've finished with them... which is great! (I'm a big recycler, I don't like anything going into landfill unnecessarily) However they can also be re-used as a gift pack! Like this:
- Trim red cardstock to 24cm x 15cm. Stamp the medium sized star from the Yuletide Vol 1 Stamp set along the top and around the edges of the cardstock with the Moonlight White inkpad. Stamp the small star in various spaces too.
- Place red cardstock inside the blister pack. Punch a hole in the cardstock where the hanging hole is in the blister pack.
- Place treats in the raised blister part. Close the blister pack, making sure the sides lock in place. (use a small amount of tape if you want to make it more secure for heavier items)
- Trim large image from Yuletide Montage and mount onto red cardstock then onto a Size 4 white tag. Stamp Merry Christmas (Yuletide Vol 1 stamp set) onto white cardstock, mount onto red cardstock then onto the bottom of the tag with foam adhesive. (Alternatively: you could use words from the Yuletide Vol 1 Wordstrip)
- Attach tag to the blister pack with red ribbon.
For smaller treats, here's another idea:
For this one I simply stamped the small stars from the Christmas Reindeer stamp set all over a piece of white cardstock. Inked the edges with Crimson ink. Attached to a folded piece of red cardstock that was wide enough to cover the cellophane bag. Punched two holes (which also went through the top of the cellophane bag to keep it in place) and threaded red ribbon through and tied into a bow. Stamped Merry Christmas (Yuletide Vol 1 stamp set) onto white cardstock, mounted onto red cardstock, then attached to the bottom left side.
Very quick and easy to do!
Hope that's given you a few ideas on how to re-use packaging!
Can't wait for Christmas :):)