Hi stampers! Today we are sharing projects using the Gazette Background Stamp!
This stamp is so versatile and can be used as the main feature on a project or as a subtle background. Let's see what the Creative Team have made using this stamp:
First up is a card by Liesbeth:
Details: Card: I stamped Gazette with StazOn ink Jet Black onto an alcohol inked glossy card and coloured some accents with Distress Markers. I stamped the man (DDRS068 Steampunk) , the car
(DDRS074 London Vol. 2) and the text (DDRS094 New York Vol. 2) onto a seperate piece of paper, cut it out and added onto the card.
Next some stamped envleopes:
Details: I cut out this two envelopes by using the Sizzix/Tim Holtz die Movers&Shapers ,Pocket Envelope'. I stamped the Gazette stamp with Memories ink Soft Brown and the bridges with Memories ink Black. I sponged the circles with Memories ink Cup-a-Joe. Bridges stamps: DDRS093 New York Vol. 1 and DDRS052 Notre Dame.
Here's Susie's project:
Details: He's dashing, isn't he!!! I've been having a lovely time playing with Darkroom Door's Gazette background stamp. I created the background to this piece by stamping 'Gazette' with VersaFine Smoky Grey ink onto white paper and then once again stamping it onto another piece of paper, without re-inking the stamp, to get a more faded effect. After that, it was just a matter of cutting the papers up to create this composition.
Other Darkroom Door products used to complete this project are: Dashing Gents, Champs Elysee, Steampunk stamp set, Regal frame and Love Letters montage.
I cut out three ties using a template I created that looked like this:
I cut little rectangles to fit on the top of the tie to give an extra layer for the knot in the tie. I then cut a background panel from white cardstock. I stamped all of the pieces using the Gazette stamp and Black Archival Ink.
I sponged each of the ties using a different color (blue, green, and orange) dye inks. I distressed the edges with a distressing tool and then sponged the edges with brown dye ink. I attached the knots to my ties.
After that I added a few metal charms with twine to the tie and used the Alpha Strips to create my Happy Fathers Day Sentiment. I wanted the words to look like tie pins so I mounted them on black to make them pop out.
After I assembled the card I started thinking about how I wanted to try creating a card for each tie to give it more of a focal point. I pulled the three ties off the card and made three separate cards.
First I made a small tag card:
I remembered I had several cigar bands in my stash which would make a perfect tie pin. I pulled them out and found a lovely red and gold band. I cut it to fit the center of my tie. I then designed the card around those colors. I mounted the tie onto a white background distressed with a hint of brown. I layered that onto a red cardbase. I added a few strips of red cardstock at the top and bottom. I added touches of gold all the way around the edges with a gold Krylon pen. I added a couple of vintage buttons with a gem inserted in the middle. I finished it off with a Dear Santa - Wordstrips which says celebrate. I think this looks a little like a champagne bottle.
My next card went with a more CAS design:
Following the idea of a tie I decided to make a background that looked like a white shirt. I created a white cardbase and scored a few lines on either side of a white mounted background. I distressed everything with a touch of brown ink. I cut the corners to follow the lines of the tie. I added a new tie pin from metallic cardstock with the same charm moved up onto the tie pin.
My final card used the most pieces from the original card but changed the cardbase and design.
I hope this gets your ideas flowing! I love the way the gazette background provides wonderful textures and depths to the focal image and the background.