I started with a journal bought for a few dollars. I created my cover on a piece of white cardstock which I covered in white acrylic paint. I laid a new damask stencil over the surface and used Embossing Paste to add a layer of texture. I then had to wait for that to dry. :) When it finished drying I started mixing in acrylic paint in a lovely shade of lavender fields.
I stamped the Darkroom Door Butterfly stamp using black archival ink onto tissue paper multiple times. I repeated the process using the Bold Blossoms I cut the tissue paper and used a sealer glue to apply the butterflies and flowers to the front of the journal. I added the touches of the acrylic orange paint around the edges of the images. I added a touch of white paint after the orange paint dried to soften the edges. I rubbed Soft Plum dye ink over the raised surfaces and touches of white paint to highlight the damask embossing. I attached the cardstock to the front of the journal and added tissue tape around the edges.
Have an inky day!